Autism Solutions Incorporated Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Solutions Incorporated Forum

Autism Solutions Incorporated is a not-for-profit organisation in Western Australia. We encourage individuals and families touched by the Autism Spectrum to participate in this forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Snot ....... Agggghhhh

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenny

Snot ....... Agggghhhh Empty
PostSubject: Snot ....... Agggghhhh   Snot ....... Agggghhhh Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:15 am

OK, my son is 10, he has aspergers, he can't tell when he needs to blow his nose. It is sooo gross. He walks around with a big yellow bubble in his nose, and then when we do convince him to blow, he blows once or twice and thinks he's solved the problem. He doesn't get blowing until his nose is clear. The kids at school tell him to blow his nose, we do it at home. I have made rules like he must blow his nose before he leaves the classroom and as he comes back in, but it just doesn't seem to work.

Help

How do I get him to blow his nose?

Jenny
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Snot ....... Agggghhhh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snot ....... Agggghhhh   Snot ....... Agggghhhh Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 10:11 pm

Haha....Hi there, my names Michelle.....I have a 6 year old with Autism and a 13 year old with what I know now to be undiagnosed Aspergers.....and....he will not blow his nose either. But, instead of walking around with the bubble on his nose...he just snorkles it back down his throat constantly....it makes me so sick.
I have been telling him for years...blow your nose....blow your nose....blow your nose....
Actually, most personal hygiene matters are a struggle for him for some reason.
Just doesn't seem to register.
Back to top Go down

Snot ....... Agggghhhh
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Solutions Incorporated Forum :: Getting Support :: Parent to Parent Support-
Jump to: