Autism Solutions Incorporated Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Solutions Incorporated Forum

Autism Solutions Incorporated is a not-for-profit organisation in Western Australia. We encourage individuals and families touched by the Autism Spectrum to participate in this forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

tired of meltdowns

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Donna

tired of meltdowns Empty
PostSubject: tired of meltdowns   tired of meltdowns Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:41 am

You know the one thing I wont miss when my kids grow up and leave home is the meltdowns that come out of nowhere.

I am tired of doors being slammed kids screaming at me, frustration and not being able to yell at them like they yell at me. Sick to death of it.

bah kid is back. Sad
Donna
Back to top Go down
Del

Del

tired of meltdowns Empty
PostSubject: Re: tired of meltdowns   tired of meltdowns Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 2:03 pm

Hi Donna

All I can do I guess is NOD!

I don't know that I can see the day when my two will "grow up and move away". I think they will be around for a LONG time. affraid

We are fairly fortunate that our boys don't do a lot of melt downs, maybe they get their own way too much - that's what hubby would say Wink or we can head them off and distract them. I think possibly the anxiety related ones will increase as the younger one gets older - he's only 8 now.

I wonder with our boys how much self-control is really there when a melt down happens- ie how much is "clever kid" and how much is "autism", especially the younger one as he is just so with it.

I also wonder if it's selfish to WANT other people to see the meltdowns - so they actually see what it's like and how uncontrollable the kids are. But, I'm sure they need a seminar to understand it - most of the time I think they are just assuming "bad mother", "bad kid"! confused

Anyway, hope the weekend is going Ok for you.....
Del
Back to top Go down

tired of meltdowns
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Solutions Incorporated Forum :: Rants and Raves - sharing highs and lows. :: Rant all you want - we will listen, empathise, support and may even offer some great suggestions.-
Jump to: