Autism Solutions Incorporated Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Solutions Incorporated Forum

Autism Solutions Incorporated is a not-for-profit organisation in Western Australia. We encourage individuals and families touched by the Autism Spectrum to participate in this forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Making Bread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Del

Del

Making Bread Empty
PostSubject: Making Bread   Making Bread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 8:48 am

Very Happy

I make gluten free bread in my breadmaker for Courntey who's 12 years and has ASD and Coeliac disease (needs gluten free diet for the rest of his life). I make the bread 2 loaves at a time and then slice and freeze - he usually only has it for toast unless he manages to gouge! lol some from a fresh loaf or I think to make him a sandwich on the day I make them for him to enjoy.

For quite some time now I have had him "help" me by scooping out the bread mix into the measuring bowl on top of the electronic scales. Much help needed from me to get him there. A couple of times ago I started writing 450g on a piece of paper and making him look more carefully at how he scooped the breadmix to reach 450g.

WELL!!! today I let him go.......all by himself he scooped with a spoon, keeping good watch on the digital reading and he made smaller and smaller scoops as he got to the 450 mark - he went past a bit and carefully scooped a tiny bit out until he reached a perfect 450g.

Once I had got that loaf going, as I usually do, I got him to measure the second loaf's mix out - he did exactly the same thing.

I am so proud of him!!!! For a so called lower functioning kid I thought that was VERY special. High fives all round!

cheers

Del
PS I think he deserves a couple of fresh big slices with chocolate spread when they are cooked and cool. cheers
Back to top Go down
stef6angelz

Making Bread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Bread   Making Bread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 10:51 pm

I can hear Leanne now..."Every little step is a big step... Smile
Back to top Go down
Donna

Making Bread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Bread   Making Bread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 12:59 pm

Congrats Smile
Donna
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Making Bread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Bread   Making Bread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making Bread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Solutions Incorporated Forum :: Rants and Raves - sharing highs and lows. :: Raves - share them all. We will cheer with you.-
Jump to: