Autism Solutions Incorporated Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Solutions Incorporated Forum

Autism Solutions Incorporated is a not-for-profit organisation in Western Australia. We encourage individuals and families touched by the Autism Spectrum to participate in this forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi from Del

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Hi from Del Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Del   Hi from Del Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:18 am

Hi everyone

I'm Del, devoted wife, mother of two gorgeous boys 12 and 8 1/2 yrs both on the Autism Spectrum, teacher, Lactation Consultant, Board member of Autism Solutions Inc, volunteer with the Australian Breastfeeding Association, daughter and full time and primary carer of my Mum who lives with us, chief cook and bottle washer........and no wonder I am tired. bounce

I am the creator of this forum, I am a LEARNER, so please be gentle with me. Rolling Eyes I have very little technical know how so would be VERY grateful for help from others. First tough lesson - somehow my first three messages disappeared. scratch I think it was to do with me modifying the message board - so I will stop doing that now.

I'd be delighted to have some volunteers to help moderate the forum as I hope it will be very busy and grow quickly.

I dream that this will be a way for lots of individuals and families to link up to support one another. Very Happy I and my family have had fabulous support over the years from other families who are traveling the same road as we are. The empathy and knowledge shared is HUGE.

Anyway, over to you, and hope to meet lots of you on the net and in person sometime soon.
Del
sunny
Back to top Go down
https://autismsolutionsinc.forumotion.net
timtam35

Hi from Del Empty
PostSubject: Tamara   Hi from Del Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:10 am

Hi everyone, my name is Tamara and I became active in the Austism community through my friendship with Leanne Count and her adorable daughter Bronte who has ASD. I am treasurer of Austism Solutions Incorporated and am learning every day about the beautiful lives and challenges of those with ASD and those caring for someone with ASD.

Del is an amazing woman who has taken on the huge responsibility of keeping AuS going along with the board since the passing of our amazing, caring and driven friend Leanne Count. Whilst as a board member I try to understand where AuS can best help those living with ASD everyday, as I am not living it. I will be looking to you the members of AuS to share anything and everything you are comfortable with sharing and please DO ask for assistance where you feel there is a definitely need in the community and we will see whether it within the Scope of AuS to assist or perhaps other members will be able to help out.

I'm excited at the possibility of what this forum can provide whether it be an outlet for emotions or a information sharing, idea generating........... you get the picture Laughing Please help us make it what you need it to be.

Well Done Del Exclamation The comprehensive list of topics will definitley help people to find what they are looking for, or contribute in an organised way. cheers
Back to top Go down
sara

Hi from Del Empty
PostSubject: Hi I'm Sara   Hi from Del Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 2:04 pm

Hey there,

I am a mother of three beautiful children. An 11yo boy with ADHD, a 5yo boy on the Autism spectrum and a 3yo daughter who is awaiting assessment (recommended from daycare) Smile I live in the country and obviously do alot of travelling to access the intevention for my son. He has come along in leaps and bounds after starting his intevention a year ago. Life can get hectic, but it is always a challenging and exciting ride.

I am new to this whole forum experience too, but believe if you can talk about it, you soon don't feel so Alone and Isolated. flower
Back to top Go down
timtam35

Hi from Del Empty
PostSubject: Welcome   Hi from Del Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 4:58 pm

Hi Sara,

Congratulations cheers on being the 1st poster. Hopefully there will be many people joining you soon.

Tamara
Back to top Go down
Donna

Hi from Del Empty
PostSubject: hi everyone   Hi from Del Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:47 pm

I am mum to two mischiefs.
Dear son is 15 and diagnosed Aspergers and dear daughter 13 provisionally diagnosed ASD but DSC's professionals dont agree. (I dont agree with their take on things).
Life is always a challenge and i am always on teh lookout for new info.
I have been researching ASD for over 6 years now and have learned a lot on the mean time but like everyone else there are always new challenges coming along.
I have an email group that sends out info and help to anyone who needs it so if you cant find any answers let me know and we can see what we can come up with.

Oh and I always have dyslexic fingers so forgive me if I dont pick up my mistakes. Have a look on your keybpard to see what is close or maybe I have just typed the letters in teh wrong order

Donna Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Del Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Del   Hi from Del Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from Del
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Solutions Incorporated Forum :: Welcome! :: Please Introduce yourself.-
Jump to: