Autism Solutions Incorporated Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Autism Solutions Incorporated Forum

Autism Solutions Incorporated is a not-for-profit organisation in Western Australia. We encourage individuals and families touched by the Autism Spectrum to participate in this forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Talk to each other.......

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Del

Del

Talk to each other....... Empty
PostSubject: Talk to each other.......   Talk to each other....... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 9:31 am

HI everyone

I've added this in the hope people will start to talk. Question

I feel like I am almost talking to myself. silent

I'm happy to keep adding information but that's not the aim of a FORUM. The aim of a forum is that members will talk to each other about issues and events not just be informed.

Perhaps nearly everyone is "shy"?? Shocked I don't think so.

Anyway, here's a spot where you can just leave a quick message about what's happening or how you are feeling, maybe this will get the chat going. Remember to use the other parts of the forum too if you have specific topics to discuss or resources to share.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Del
sunny
Back to top Go down
Jenny

PostSubject: Re: Talk to each other.......   Talk to each other....... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:55 am

I'm here this morning leaving questions all over the place. Hopefully that will get the ball rolling as I need, need, need answers

Jenny
Back to top Go down
bellandi

PostSubject: Autism Blues   Talk to each other....... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:22 pm

hello its Teresa , I have been unwell with bugs from my 3 children, all 3 have autism. Thanks for your information on various topics. I have a daughter aged 6 and twin boys aged 3. Another stress is my daughter broke her arm at school a few weeks ago and is not coping at times.

Its important to stay positive and aim to help the kids as much as possible .
Back to top Go down
Del

Del

PostSubject: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - Book   Talk to each other....... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:03 am

I'm about half way through this book after it sitting on my bedside table (or in the draw) for SEVERAL years - and it's VERY strange. Like some comments about the Black Balloon movie, the boy who's supposedly writing the book is not like either of my kids at all. It's ONE kid on the spectrum. He's the only one in the book (so far) that's on the spectrum.

High School students are set this book for English/Literature (I know because I've seen it on booklists) and I'm wondering what sort of a biased view of Autism/Aspergers we have set the teen population.

Has anyone else read it?

I will persevere but I am not enjoying it.
Del
scratch confused study
Back to top Go down
bellandi

PostSubject: That Curious Dog Book   Talk to each other....... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:20 pm

I actually enjoyed the book although it time for me to read it and in some parts I had to read again. Yes you are right he is just one on the spectrum. Never assume all kids are not different.

Regards Teresa alien
Back to top Go down
ljsinoz

PostSubject: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time   Talk to each other....... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 8:03 am

I read this a while back and I found that I coudn't relate it to my child at all. I found it interesting but not necessarily a great book. I didn't dislike it though either.
Back to top Go down
Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Talk to each other.......   Talk to each other....... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 10:03 pm

I was so excited to finally find an Australian Autism Chat forum....but we are all so silent.
Come on guys....lets get this thing going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talk to each other.......   Talk to each other....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talk to each other.......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Autism Solutions Incorporated Forum :: Welcome! :: Please Introduce yourself. :: Autism Chat-
Jump to: